For our Personal Financial Wellness Training catalog, please click hereCatalog
To register for OCC Financial Literacy Workshops using a voucher, click hereWorkshops
Welcome to Cygnet Institute
There may be creatures more beautiful than adult swans, but few glide more gracefully on the water. In addition to their statuesque elegance, they are known to mate for life and are very protective of their young, which are called cygnets. The swan’s main objective is to educate their cygnets with the skills needed to survive and become adult swans.
Just as our logo shows the baby cygnet becoming a swan, our financial education services focus on helping workshop participants learn financial skills to manage their financial life and make decisions to achieve their goals.
Cygnet’s Vision Statement
A world where all people can make good decisions to achieve economic security.
Cygnet’s Mission Statement
To teach adults financial skills they can use in their daily lives that help them reach financial wellness.
The values that form the foundation of the financial education services Cygnet Institute provides are:
- Integrity is more important than personal gain or advantage. Program instructors are trustworthy and have the responsibility to honor the trust placed on them by participants.
- Objectivity requires intellectual honesty and impartiality in the content of Cygnet workshops.
- Competence is expected from Cygnet instructors who are chosen for their expertise in the content of the workshop they facilitate.
- Confidentiality means that participant information is accessible only to those authorized by Cygnet.
- Diligence is reflected in Cygnet’s belief that expectations of workshop participants must be fulfilled in a reasonably prompt and thorough manner.
Financial Crisis Decisions
Knowledge about economics is the foundation for making good financial decisions for yourself and your family. We urge you to take advantage of the tools and the information we discussed in our recent in this webinar about your financial decisions during this COVID-19 crisis.
If you have not seen the presentation or would like to review it while looking at the homework, please watch the video below:
Download the homework forms from the presentation and start building a solid plan to get through the current crisis.
We’re a non-profit with a mission dedicated to helping to teach people how to make good financial decisions. Your donation will help us expand our FREE financial literacy education programs to more public libraries in Michigan.